With fresh berries and a hint of citrus, this is the kind of loaf that disappears quickly when left on the counter.
- 1 large egg
- 250 ml or 1 cup buttermilk
- 125 ml or ½ cup vegetable oil
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp each, grated lemon and orange zest
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 375 ml or 1 ½ cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 125 ml or ½ cup granulated sugar
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 ml or ½ tsp salt
- 250 ml or 1 cup dried mixed berries (blueberries, cranberries, cherries)
- 60 ml or ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 5 ml or 1 tsp each, lemon and orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In bowl, whisk egg with buttermilk, oil, lemon zest, orange zest and orange juice until combined. Stir in the cereal and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and dried berries. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Pour batter in to a greased loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in to the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
4. While the loaf is baking, make glaze by whisking sugar with the citrus juices. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
Tip: This loaf makes a great substitute for bread in bread pudding or French Toast.
Yield: 12 servings
3 g Protein
34 g Carbohydrate
11 g Fat
3 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!