Try this savoury, spiced topping sprinkled over salads, soups, veggie dishes and even pasta.
- 500 ml or 2 cups All-Bran Buds* cereal OR All-Bran Original* cereal
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp melted butter
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 5 ml or 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
1. In large microwaveable bowl, mix together cereal, butter, Worchestershire, hot sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
2. Microwave on high in one minute intervals, stirring well after each minute, for 3 minutes. Let cool completely and transfer to a container with a lid or a re-sealable bag. Store at room temperature for up to one week.
3. Use to replace croutons in salads, to top soups, sprinkled over steamed veggies, on top of baked potatoes or as a snack.
Yields: 2 cups (sixteen 30 mL/2 tbsp servings)
Per 30 ml Serving:
1.0 g of Protein
9.0 g of Carbohydrate
2.0 g of Fat
4.0 g of Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!