Overflowing with a rich and creamy spinach and ricotta filling, these chicken breasts are a delicious centrepiece to a family meal.
- 250 ml or 1 cup All-Bran Buds* cereal OR All-Bran Original* cereal
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp each, salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 10 ml or 2 tsp plus 30 ml or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 L or 4 cups fresh chopped spinach (or 250 ml or 1 cup of frozen spinach, thawed and drained)
- 250 ml or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
1. Process cereal in a food processor until it has reached a breadcrumb-like texture. Transfer to a large plate and toss with parsley and half the salt and pepper.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 10 ml (2 tsp) of the oil over medium high heat. Cook shallots until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute. Stir in spinach and cook until spinach and wilted and no liquid remains, about 3 minutes. Let cool. Stir in ricotta, Parmesan and thyme.
3. Butterfly chicken by slicing breast in half lengthwise, keeping one end connected. Stuff each chicken breast by dividiing the ricotta mixture evenly into each chicken breast. Fold over to close and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
4. Dip stuffed chicken breasts into egg and then into the cereal crumb mixture, pressing gently to evenly coat. In a large oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides. Transfer to 190°C (375°F) oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Yields: 6 servings
Per Chicken Breast:
38 g Protein
16 g Carbohydrate
15 g Fat
7 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!